Friday, April 10, 2015

Functional Art: Clay Coil Pots Part 3

Our clay building processes are coming to an end and out pots are glazed and fired. Aren't they gorgeous! Here are just a few. To see more, go to https://sites.google.com/site/mrsrart/student-galleries.







As always, we follow up every project with a reflection on our process, our finished piece and the concepts we learned. Since this unit focuses on functional art, students were asked to think about how their clay pots will function for them when they bring them home. Here are some of the ways in which the kids imagine using their clay pots:

  • I will use it for drinking and for carrying pencils.
  • serve out of it (a serving dish)
  • I will put pennies and pencils in it.
  • for my money
  • for my toys
  • to put my collections in
  • to put flowers in
  • I will use mine for a pencil holder.
  • a piggie bank
  • give it to my grandma to put on display
  • Legos
  • a present for my mommy
  • to hold my pens and pencils
  • to put pennies and to make music
  • to put coins
  • stuffed animals
  • for drinking
  • I'm going to put pencils or skinny paper or flowers.
  • put Pokemon cards in it
  • put crayons in 
  • I will put cereal in it. 
  • pencils and erasers
  • water
  • I'm going to put candy in it.
  • I will give it to my sister.
  • I will put pencils in my clay pot, and clips. 
  • to put Cheerios in, as a cup and for candy
  • I will put my Legos in it or my my dollars to hide from my brother. 
  • para dulces, for candy
  • markers
  • money, pens, candy, my mom's stuff
  • coffee
  • scissors
  • I can put pencils in it and if I want chocolate milk I can put some in it. My mom can use it for her tea. 
  • to put money in and water, things I find in the wild and my dad's coffee
  • for a bunch of little things I find
  • I would put it in the cabinet.
  • let my sister use it for her My Little Ponies and for flowers
  • to put Barbie's basketball, water bottle, brush, washcloth and blanket
  • collecting papers with dogs and flowers
  • my collections of little dolls
  • bugs, legos, plants
  • I will use it for pens and Shopkins. 




No comments:

Post a Comment